Tuesday 15 February 2011

More roundtable artwork...


I was fortunate enough to work on another article in the same magazine issue 'Euro Humpty Dumpty' featured in. Top you can see how the portraits were laid out in MT and above is my favourite portrait so far, he's called Steve Walters.

In comparison to my earlier attempt at the roundtable feature this one was much more successful. I can categorically put this down to better reference photos. I don't know if a professional photographer was used during the session but it looked to me as though a quality camera took the photos rather than a mobile phone. Previously I used reference from a mobile which was a bit of a struggle, the contrasts were poor and often a lot of facial features were blurred.

See Dan dos Santos' post on Muddy Colors about the benefits of good reference models.

No comments: