Friday 13 July 2012

Honeymoon Sketches Pt.2






This little sketch was done in the evening  with a 3B pencil under the influence of tea and wine. Not necessarily the perfect aid for drawing but it helped my Dutch courage as I was perched in the doorway leading onto a balcony without railings, four floors up. During our stay in Verbier building work was commencing on the exterior of our accommodation which meant the view was obscured by scaffolding and the odd Swiss builder.

With the above sketch I ignored the scaffolding and tried to concentrate on the contre-jour view of chalet roof tops. The front lighting gave the buildings a graphic quality, looking at this now I realise I should have tried a version in marker pen but perhaps I was a bit 'tired' after finishing the drawing (and wine).

No comments: